March 7, 2012

GA Returns Home with New Job Opportunity

As the spring semester goes by, graduate assistants and third year students start to think and plan for the next step in their careers. These things can never be planned and usually do not happen exactly at the right moment, but nevertheless it always is a worthwhile and exciting journey. For one member of the LSU Athletic Training family the next step came just like that. Scott Campbell, ATC, and the Graduate Athletic Assistant Trainer for LSU Volleyball this past year, has been given the opportunity to be an Assistant Athletic Trainer for Penn State Football. Scott, a native of Pennsylvania, attended Penn State for undergraduate school and then had a run with the Chicago Bears before attending LSU for graduate school. While here, Scott has worked with the LSU Track and Field and Cross Country teams and LSU Volleyball. When asked about the next step in his career, Scott said, “I am pleased to come back to my alma mater and it was an opportunity I couldn’t pass up. I am thankful for the chance to show my strengths that I have gained at LSU. Head Athletic Trainer Tim Bream gave me a chance and I am looking forward to the challenge. The new job will help me grow as an athletic trainer and as a person. My time at LSU will not be forgotten; the relationships and friendships that I made will stay with me forever. The athletic training experience was great and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.” The entire LSU Athletic Training Staff is very proud of Scott and wishes him the best of luck!